Sunday, October 11, 2009

Tyler's First Letter Home

Hey Mom and Dad,
So the first week at the mtc.... hmmm let's see first two-three days were hard. I was homesick. I even talked to my mission president and zone leaders. But my mission pres told me some advice that I'll never forget. He said, what do you think everyone will think of you, matter of fact what are you going to do or how are you going to set an example to your kids to go on a mission. This is what is probably going to keep me going on my whole mission that piece of advice. But I'm doing okay beside the fact I either sprained or broke a little bone in my foot. Lol don't worry I went and got x-rays today and the doctor said he couldn't see anything but is going to have the radiologist look at it and to come in tomorrow. But yes it was from playing basketball. My companion is really chill he's a farm boy from a little town in Idaho. We've really learned to love each other and the gospel. Our goal the whole time is to be able to teach by the spirit not cram a lesson down their throats. We actually got to teach an old mission president (though we didn't know him and his wife were) he said he had never felt the spirit more than when we taught him the restoration. But he also gave us a really good piece of advice, "It doesn't matter where you go and teach and preach on your mission, your still saving souls." But, I'm doing fine, tell everyone I said hey. Maybe you should read the letter at church so everyone will know I'm doing alright.
Love,
Elder Tyler Herring
PS send more stamps :) maybe even a goody package

No comments:

Post a Comment