Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Letters to Elder Herring (week of Oct. 12)

10/12/09

Hi Tyler,
I'm not sure what Dad or Chelsea wrote to you so please forgive any news from home repeats!
Grandma and Grandpa got a dog! It a golden lab, she has papers. She seems to be really sweet and is trained pretty well. Her name is Ice; we may have to change that.
By the way Grandma said she didn't write you last week because she wasn't feeling well. She and Grandpa both have been fighting colds. She hopes to get a letter off to you this week. She doesn't like the idea of email so it will probably come snail mail.
Casey W. put in his papers last Tuesday so he should be hearing something in the next week or two. He asked Chelsea for your address as well. I'm sure he'll let you know when he gets it. I think he'll go Spanish speaking, out of the country.
As always it was so good to hear from you. It sounds like you're in a very busy mission. We got a letter from the mission home explaining how the mail works. They told us your companions name was Elder Weiland. Have you taught any one that looks promising? We have a new missionary in our ward. He's just been out about 4 days. He's greener than you Your browser may not support display of this image.
We hope to get a box off to you soon. It's really starting to get cold here so I know it must be cold out there. We love you and think of you often. You're a terrific missionary! Let us know if there's anything we can do to help you.
Love you tons,
Mom
PS. You don't have to write me separate if you don't have time. I know you're busy. It's just so good to hear from you and know that you're happy and working hard.

Dear Tyler,

It was great to hear from you last week. We are so glad you are doing well. It sounds like you ae in a great area. Tell us about your companion- his name, where he is from, etc. Also, tell us about your investigators- by name so we can pray for them as well. Are you guys on bikes or in a car? Do you have the opportunity to go to the Logan Temple? It is such a beautiful old Temple. How many wards are you responsible for?

I had the chance to tell some co-workers about your experiences as a missionary the other day. I was amazed at how strong the Spirit was as I talked to them. Everyone of them was touched by the Spirit. It was great. They were very impressed that a 19 year old would give up to years of his life to serve the Lord.

I had the chance to watch the Primary kids on Sunday as they prepared for their program. They are so cute. I am sorry that Mom and I are going to miss it. We are headed to Nags Head on Friday for a long weekend to celebrate our anniversary. We are staying right on the beach in a hotel.. Hopefully the weather cooperates with us.

Casey's papers are in. He should hear something in the next week or so. It is amazing that there are soon going to be six of you guys serving at the same time.

I am sending a package on Tuesday. It has a sweater, a fleece jacket, some gloves and a stocking hat as well as some goodies. Do you need anything else, more sweaters, a scarf? Do you want your 72 hr kit?

I want you to know how much I love you and how proud I am of you. I am proud to be your dad. Work hard and obey the rules and you will be blessed. Be happy-you are n the Lord’s army. He is your leader. Follow Him and He will bless you.

Love you!

Dad

Hi Elder Herring,
Are you still fat and happy in Logan? So we went to church today cause it's
Sunday. We had one of the best fast and testimony meetings ever. It's really
cool cause like Stephanie has decided to bear her testimony for the 24
months that Wil is out on his mission, and since I haven't missed a month
yet I decided I would too. It was really awesome. I had planned out exactly
what I was gonna say when I was sitting down, but when I got up there to
bear my testimony that all went away, and the Spirit took over it was so
awesome. I bet that will happen a lot on your mission! Speaking of
missions..... CASEY PUT HIS PAPERS IN!!!! So he should know where he's
headed in a week or two! They also figure it out that there will be the same
amount of time between you and Casey as there was between Sam and Will! I'm
really excited to have 2 missionary's to write on a weekly basis. The other
thing that might make you excited is grandma and grandpa got a dog. She's a
yellow lab and her name is Ice. She is really obedient. She plays fetch, she
sits on command, she's kennel trained so they can keep her in Max's old
cage, or in a kennel in the garage, and she already follows grandpa. Mary's
boyfriend Randy got her for grandma and grandpa and they are both so excited
to have a dog on the farm again. It's really exciting for me and Casey cause
like Max was you and Mallory's dog and you guys trained him, and now we have
a puppy to train. She's a really fast learner too, it's awesome!
Last night was homecoming. I wanted to tell you a bit about it! It was like
the best experience ever! So I got ready at Nick's house with Catie and his
mommy helped us cause Mom went to the Time Out for Women Deseret Book
festival in Richmond. Then we took lots of pictures.... I'll probably send
you a pic in my next hand written letter. But, I was like the single lady
and I was kinda pouting cause I was like no date way lame. But then I didn't
know it but Nicholas bought me a flower thing that goes on your wrist. It
was super cute. I had a great time at the dance, and I behaved! It was a
really good experience.
Can't wait to read your letter on Tuesday,
Hope it's full of details about your companion and what you've been up to,
Love you soooo much,
Chels

Ty,

Sounds like you're having an awesome time in Logan in spite of the cold. That's GREAT! You'll have to save one of those bottles and send it home if you can. That would be cool to have.

I finally made it back up to Draper this weekend. It was crazy! Todd, Damian, Eden, Eva, and Maryann were in town because it was Paige's baptism (which I missed because I was sick). It was also Eden's birthday, so I was there for the family dinner. I talked to Chase. He wrote you a letter that I promised I would send you, and said to tell you he misses you. He thinks you are the coolest thing since sliced bread!

Anyway, I hope your week went well.

Love you,

Mallory

No comments:

Post a Comment