Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Letters to Elder Herring (week of Oct. 19)

19 Oct 2009

Hi Ty,
How's our favorite missionary? We have been laughing about your bus story all week. I'm glad you're having a good time while working. That's important I think. Two different return missionaries said that it was important that you find something to laugh about everyday.
I can't believe you guys challenge investigators to baptism at the first discussion?! Wow that's pretty intense. Does it work out most of the time?
Chelsea took some pictures of Grandma and Granpa's new dog but I don't think she's uploaded them yet. I'll have her do it soon.
I think you put a little curse on us for the beach because it was way cold. And there was no beach to drive on because the water was up to the dunes. Anyway it was fun to get away for the weekend. Mom seemed so much more relaxed. The beach was crazy cold, and there wasn't any beach. The ocean was really, really close to the dunes. We took the jeep thinking we would drive on the beach but didn't. It was way too scary.
No word on Casey's mission call yet. My guess is that he'll get it Friday or Saturday. He got your address so he should be writting you soon.
Did you get your box? Is there anything you need? Are you warm enough? Would you wear a sweater vest, like Grandpa and Dad do under your suit? Let us know how we can help.
You are in our thoughts and prayers. We've almost finished reading the Book of Mormon. Our goal is to finish the first week of November and then start over again.
We love you son and are so proud of the man you are becoming.
Love tons
Mom and Dad


Hey Tyler!
I love you! Still got a good companion? How's Logan? This letter will probably be kinda brief cause I'm very very tired. Mom and Dad went to OBX like you know and they brought me this really really cute jacket. they had fun. And it wasn't that bad staying by myself, especially since Sandy and Flavio came and spent the nights with me. It was actually kinda fun eating all the junk food mommy bought me and just watched chick-flicks like the Proposal and stuff. But it did make me realize how quickly I'll be an adult and be in college and not living with mom and dad which was a little sad. Saturday Casey came and we went downtown cause I was bored stiff, it's really cool cause I haven't really talked to him since you left. It was nice to catch up and stuff, it's so wierd that in like a month or two you'll both be out on missions. So bizarro my brother's are growin up. So you know that Wild Wings place that you and Casey and Sam and Will always went to? Well me and my friends went there before the Western Game today. And they somehow convinced me to eat some of the really really hot wings (the hottest ones there) cause it didn't smell that hot. So I did and man I was crying like a baby it hurt so bad. My tummy is still like angry at me and on fire. I don't know how you could stand that. The waitor was really cool though he came by and handed me a glass of milk and was like this on me, I talked to my manager we have a no jerk clause so because they made you eat it you can have a free milk. We got pictures and videos of it. It was really good. And I'm really enjoying my senior year. Oh we also renamed Grandma's dog Chloe instead of Ice. She's one of the most adorable and obedient dogs. mom and daddy took pictures so when I find their camera I'll send you a picture of her. She's a yellow lab and is kinda short. She already knows to sit, stay, come, and fetch. She loves grandma and absolutely adores me and Casey. We somehow convinced Grandpa to let her come into the basement. She's kennel broken like Nikki and very obedient. We're building her a new big outside kennel and she's super spoiled. It's great! I'll send pictures soon!
Love you,
Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment