Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May 3, 2011 - Been REAL busy this week

Its been a pretty good week. we had sharries baptism on saturday. it went really well. something funny that happened is after Elder Pickett baptized her she came out of the water and looked at him and said "what no kiss?" bishop harris and I started laughing our heads off. on sunday when we had her confirmation our Ward mission leader confirmed her afterwards i leaned over towards bishop who was in the circle behinde me "pucker up Elder Pickett." Bishop and I started to laugh a little bit. i really like bishop harris, he's the guy we work for on his cattle ranch alot. i know i promised billions of pictures of my companion and I branding but we got there about 6:30 in the morning and Bro Wright (Gil) said well elders we got about 80 babies to brand, castrate, and vacinate, and i think were going to rebrand, tag, and vacinate all the mama's. he then asked when do you boy's need to leave i told him that we have a baptism at 2 o'clock. he said well we better get started then so Gil and his son jake jumped on the japanese horses (4 wheelers) and went and pushed them all into the corral. then came the hard part seperating mama's from babies...... Gil handed a thick stick painted bright orange and said "didn't you grow up with cows?" i said my grandpa had some but ive never really "worked with them." he looked at me and with a smile said well you gotta put on your big boy pants sometimes. so we started seprating we pushed everything into a big pen and Gil said to push them to the gate while he had the hard job of letting mamas out and keeping babies in. but we got it done and then his son in-law backed up the trailor and we "gentlely" pursuaded them to get in. and then he pulled it around into the barn and he handed me a laso and asked do you know how to rope? i said nope he looked at me and laughed and said boy what are you good for? i grabbed the rope from him and said show me and ill teach myself. he said i have $20 in my pocket that says that my daughter jaenae can rope better than you. i looked and said so all i have to do is get the rope around there neck and pull them out right? he said yep thats it he said nothing about me actually roping them. so i ran in the trailor and just put it around there neck and pulled them out and then gil showed me how to throw them on the ground by myslef you take the slack of the rope thats around there neck and wrap it around there rear hooves and pull. then Elder Pickett got to hold them down while they got branded. it was alot of fun but we had no time to take pictures. after the calves were done we had to do the mama's so jake and I pushed them into a shoot and i had a tazer thing i got to shock them in the butt. and then this shoot would squeeze there head and sides so that they couldnt move. it was kinda cool. but missionary work is starting to pick up. alot of people are starting to invite there friends to meet with us. Elder Pickett and I submitted an article to the paper about us and they printed it. it was sweet ill have to find the article. i had a member send it to you mom. but i love you guys
-- Elder Tyler Herring4380 So. Orchard AveSouth Ogden, UT 84403

No comments:

Post a Comment