Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Bad News - November 2, 2010

so i have to have surgery on my knee. yesterday the mission doctor set up an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon to see what was going on (second surgeon I've seen). they took an x Ray and found something i thought was really cool i have a benign tumor on my knee. the doctor told me that its probably not cancerous but that i should have an MRI just to be sure. he also said that judging by the pain that I'm having and the symptoms that theres a lateral tear on my meniscus. so the Church Board over Missionary work said that i have to have surgery. its still up in the air whether I'm going to be coming home to Virginia or if I'm going to stay with my uncle in Draper, UT. Doctor Sorensen said that after the surgery it would be a 2-3 week healing process. so its not like I'm going to be gone from my mission for very long only half a transfer. I'm not to happy but theres nothing i can really do about it. God and I had a little heart to heart last night though. For about 30min we just had a conversation on whats going to happen and why this is happening to me and stuff like that. The answer he gave me was a scripture from Doctrine and Covenants 123. the last part of verse 7 and verses 8-9:
"....know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good. The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he? Therefore, hold on thy way, and the priesthood shall remain with thee; for their bounds are set, they cannot pass. Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever."
so every things going to be ok not to worried about anything. just have to roll with the punches. but this week was a really good week, Elder Johnson and I finally were able to find and set up lessons with some of our sweet potentials. got a $180 speeding ticket :). last night we decided that we needed to have fun on our one of our last day together. I video taped him trying to jump on a childs bogo stick it was so funny. one other funny thing we did is chewed dry ice. not a huge chunk but a little piece just enough so it would make it where we would blow smoke, we did it with some of the youth it was so funny to watch them freak out, it was good and no one got hurt.
Elder Tyler Herring2133 Washington Blvd.Ogden, Utah 84401

No comments:

Post a Comment