Thursday, December 31, 2009

Letter from Dad to Tyler 12/15/09

Dear Tyler,
Look at the time. I am not on a mission, but I've been at work for over 2 hours already. These early mornings are a beast to do. Only one more before Christmas break though.

How are you doing? How is your companion? Your investigators? We pray for you and your investigators everyday. We know the Lord will bless you as you diligently serve Him.

We have a new Bishopric in the Ward. Bishop Aaron Hancock, Steve Morgan and Kenneth Crowther were sustained on Sunday. I do not have a calling yet, but I'm sure I'll get one soon. I'm sure that the new Bishopric will do great.

I have been thinking alot about the service we give to the Lord. He is so pleased when we diligently do the little things for others. It doesn't have to be huge, or out in the public eye. The best work is done in the trenches where you can help those that are struggling. The scriptures teach us that the right hand shouldn't know what the left hand is doing. I think that is especially true with service. If you are doing it for the recognition of others, your doing it for the wrong reasons. I am so glad that I had the chance to serve in the Bishopric when I did. Even though it was hard at times, I grew alot and I think I was able to help people that perhaps I wouldn't have known about.

I am so proud of you. You are blessing so many lives because of your service. Many people are looking at your example and want to follow in your footsteps.

About calling on Christmas day- what calling plan is your cell phone with? If it is verizon, then the best thing is to call Mom's cell phone. Mine is crappy. What time do you want to do it? Let's decide today.

I love you so much. Keep up the great work.

Love,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment